Newest Book Spiels

Happy New Year, guys!  I have a lot of posts coming your way about 2017 and the start of the new year BUT I just read some amazing books in the last few days and I don't know about you, but after I read a book I love I am always just bursting to tell people about them.  And since I have read multiple amazing books lately, I am about to explode! 

A lot of the books I have read lately fit under that "suburban female (usually housewife) thriller" and I love this new category.  Some of them are a little too crazy for me and some don't have too big of a twist, but I have found a few lately that are the perfect combo for me.  Let me start by saying do NOT read Behind Closed Doors by: B. A. Paris.  I love a good thriller but this book f-ed me up.  If you have a strong stomach and don't get emotionally involved, then proceed at your own risk!  But, if a book can effect you for multiple days after you're done, DON'T READ THIS!  It's one of two books I've ever read that I wish I never had.

Moving on! Before I dive into some emotionally fueled thrillers I have to highly recommend A Man Called Ove.  I haven't had such warm love for a book since I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close six years ago.  I have also never found a book that SO many people in my life (from all walks of life) love.  If you haven't read it, drop everything and read it now.  Or at least move it to the top of your list!

I also love a good memoir.  There are two that I read recently that were incredibly good.  These days, it's especially special (I'm so good with words) because if they were recently written, it is wonderful to then be able to follow these authors on forms of social media to see what is currently going on in their lives!  Especially if things have changed a lot since their memoir.  The one I am thinking of is Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle.  I haven't read her other book yet, but plan to do so in the new year!  I now stalk Glennon on all forms of social media (in a normal, healthy way, of course).  I wouldn't recommend finding her on social media until after you read the book to prevent spoilers! 

A Beautiful, Terrible Thing is another one of these memoirs!  This was one of those books that I couldn't go to bed until I finished!  It's an emotional rollercoaster following a woman who married a man who ended up being a sociopath. That wasn't a spoiler, I promise!

My dad and I started a little book club, just the two of us, and our first book was Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie.  He had me read And Then There Were None when I was in high school and it had always been a favorite.  This one has also become a favorite!  We were both shocked by the ending and we haven't seen the movie yet, but I am curious to see if the ending is still just as shocking (if you don't know the story before hand)!  Any other Agatha Christie favorites you recommend? Next up on our list is The Alchemist!

Okay, one last book for you before I list my favorite suburban housewife thrillers!  I used to predominantly read YA books and have lately strayed from that genre.  However, I recently read One of Us is Lying and really loved it!  I highly recommend it!  I thought it would be a little cheesy, but it ended up being a crazy thriller.

Okay, so the next four books I can't even start to describe without excitedly spoiling it.  So I will just tell you this, they were ALL amazing.  They are all equally favorites in my book and I recommend all of them.  If you have read any of them, comment please so we can talk about them!  I don't know anyone that has read them (I am currently, patiently, waiting for my mom and some friends to finish them). 

The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine

Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate (This fits slightly less into the genre, but I was on my toes the entire time reading it and truly loved it--moments are hard to read but it is such a powerful story)

The Widow by Fiona Barton

The Child by Fiona Barton (This isn't a sequel, but you should read The Widow first because some characters show up in this one again)!

Happy reading!  Comment with any new favorites I should check out or if you loved any of these, too!

Comments

  1. Agatha Christie is one of my all-time favorite authors! Honestly, I haven't read any of hers I didn't love. The Miss Marple ones are my tops of hers, but any are good, truly. I'll have to check out those housewife thrillers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts