Anyways! The big move is finally here. And even though the good byes were so hard in Milwaukee, I am finally getting excited (maybe a little bit) about the move. A lot of people have had a LOT of questions for me about the move and DC in general so--here are some answers.
- Ryan is getting his LLM (in ERISA/employee benefits/tax) at Georgetown Law. It is a year long program and he is already halfway through.
- I am joining him even though there are only five months (thank goodness) left in the program. Because I graduated in December in a field of study that mainly only hires at the end of the school year/march-ish for the next year (and where will we even be in 5 months? who knows).
- And also because I miss him! And if we don't HAVE to do long distance, we don't want to!
- We have no idea where we will be after May. Truly, no idea. It's easy to say "oh we will probably stay in DC." But, it could truly be anywhere. Ryan is working at a firm right now in DC while completing the program but that firm has offices all over the country AND that still doesn't mean that he isn't applying all over the country.
- We are getting married in Milwaukee--yes, even though we don't know if we will live there! And yes, that is stressful.
- We are essentially willing to move anywhere. It would be ideal to end up back by our Milwaukee friends or near either of our families, but we don't have a lot of control over that.
- I will be nannying full time starting immediately while continuing to applying for counseling jobs in the area.
Next time I blog--it'll be from DC (and by DC I mean a city outside DC that someone recently told me used to be called....murder city)!
Love and packing!