Milwaukee Girls Trip 2018

Last weekend, I got to take one of my favorite trips--going to Milwaukee to see my girls (and their kiddos)!  The hardest part about living in DC is being away from my best friends.  It is crazy that we are now on year 10 of friendship and even though we no longer dance on stage RedRocks, we have even more fun!  It is such a treat to get to spend the weekend with all of them at least twice a year.  Luckily, we never leave the weekend without plans to see each other again soon so we will all be together again in June or July.
 On Saturday morning, we made our first stop at Emily's to pick her up and finally meet baby Henry!  We then went to one of my favorites (my trips to Milwaukee are also typically a mini favorite food tour) Bel Air Cantina to fuel up before we went to an escape room. 
I totally ate my words because I talked a little bit of crap going to an escape room BUT it was a ton of fun!  And I then owed everyone a round at our favorite college bar.
 After the escape room, we headed to Balistreri's for the best pizza in Milwaukee and some very early drinks.  Those drinks resulted in...us drunkenly going grocery shopping!  If you live in Milwaukee, I highly recommend grabbing some crestwood cookies at Sentry grocery stores. I obviously grabbed four boxes of them at the store (HA).  And then I forced the probably 14 year old cashier to try bite of the cookie and wouldn't stop bugging her--I'm most likely banned now!
The next morning we met Emily and headed to another Meg favorite--Cranky Al's!  They are my absolute favorite donuts and I always have to make a stop for one or three!

After Cranky Al's on Sunday, I said goodbye to my sweet friends and headed to my surrogate family (the G's) house for a sleepover! Mrs. G surprised us with a little overnight trip in Kenosha, WI.  She took us to the best donut place (Cranky Al's is STILL number one) ever. We went twice within 12 hours.  So, clearly it was delicious.  We had donuts and beer on Sunday night and then donuts and mimosas on Monday morning.


 Look at those beauties!  They were so delicious.  And this mimosa?! Other places need to step it up!  Look at that baby!  I was in drink heaven.  It takes a lot for me not to be able to finish something this delicious.  So, maybe the two donuts, the candy, and the mimosa was a bit much. Ha.
After Mike's, we were able to go to the outlet mall and the Jelly Belly factory which was adorable.  The weekend was so great, but by Monday night I was ready to be home with my boys!  And by Tuesday morning, I was homesick for Milwaukee again!

Comments

  1. This article having so much of amazing information. Today I learned so many things in this blog post. Keep doing your awesome work
    https://insightss.co/ae/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this article! Actually i read blogs daily and it is a great resource to help those people out.Keep sharing amazing articles with us. Thanks for this great post!
    http://insightss.co/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this article! Actually i read blogs daily and it is a great resource to help those people out..
    https://bismillahlogistics.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I learned so many things in this blog post. Keep doing your awesome work
    http://insightss.co/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article. This article is very helpfull for me. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Post. I like this type of information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts