Linking up with Kelly today for 7QT. Get ready for a wedding planning update :)
PHEW! If this is what wedding planning looks like sixth months out, I can't even imagine what this will be like in four! Hopefully, I am on top of it enough that it will be a steady stream of chaos rather than it happening all at one in a few months.
I can hardly believe it that we are sixth months (and one week) from our wedding day! In sixth months, I marry my best friend! We are over the moon excited.
1. Wedding videographers. Holy. Crap. These people make a lot of dough! I completely respect what they do. Wedding videos are absolutely breathtaking and I watch my sister and brother-in-law's an embarrassing amount of times. BUT wow, they are pricey! We finally found one. And by finally I mean it took three days, but it seems like with wedding planning if I am not able to make a quick decisions it is completely consuming. I actually lost sleep over this? Also embarrassed to admit that. But. We found the perfect guy so--worth it.
2. Wedding cakes. Cake tastings are about to be my jam. This week I am flying to Milwaukee for my friend Emily's baby shower and while I am there I am going to two different cake tastings--I have a feeling this will be my favorite part of the whole thing. Sadly, Ryan doesn't get to go with me but I am bringing along a friend to each and I have a feeling they are happy to go!
3. Donuts. Our wedding favor are donuts from our favorite place in Milwaukee, Cranky Al's and I almost was able to swing a tasting on Sunday but we have to settle with a phone call next week. Plus, that sounds like a mega sugar coma come Monday morning. We are so excited about the donuts, especially because my soon to be brother-in-law is designing the stickers for the bags! I am loving being able to fit in special touches like that throughout the planning.
4. Swimsuits. I am trying to slowly stock my dresser with some awesome swimsuits for the bachelorette party and honeymoon and just got this adorable suit from J.Crew in the mail yesterday. I love the suit and will hopefully love it on me by the time July comes around! I want to grab a couple more before the 'moon but don't know which ones quite yet!
5. Flowers! I am meeting with our florist for the first time this weekend as well. It is a nerve wracking appointment, mostly because I have no idea what to expect. I want very minimal color in my bouquets other than cream and blush and of course I want my bouquet to look like everything I see on pinterest so we shall see how realistic that is!
6. Small details. So many small details :) I seem to add five things to my list for each item I check off! Frames, bubbles, baskets...it is never ending!
7.The Groom. Oh my sweet, sweet groom. Every day I fall more in love with the wonderful, patient, and kind man I am about to marry. I get giddy every time I think about the moment seeing Ryan as I walk down the aisle...and even giddier when I think about a lifetime together!
Have an excellent weekend! AND if you have any wedding planning tips, I am all ears!
Love and wedding bells!