2017 Year in Review


Hey guys! Halfway through January and it seems fitting that I am finally able to post a 2017 year in review!  This year was a great one.  The biggest (literally) thing that happened this year was adding Murray to our family! And we had so much fun spending the year visiting family and friends!



January:

In January, we rang in the New Year with our NYE crew, Trent and Laura, at a 1920’s themed party in Nashville!  We were also co-captains of a skeeball league with some of our best friends and hosted my parents for my 28th birthday weekend!




February:

In February, we sprinkled Emily and baby Clara in Omaha and celebrated our first married Valentine’s Day.  We also made our first trip to Pittsburgh together to go to the winter classic and so that Ryan could officially kiss the cup.  It was (apparently) the SECOND greatest kiss of his life, but I’m pretty sure it was the first J






March:

We welcomed Murray to the family on March 16th (when he was 8 weeks old)!  We have officially not gotten a full night sleep sense and can no longer stake our claim over any of “our” blankets or pillows.  We might not get our apartment deposit back either, but he makes up for his orneriness with his silly nature and his nonstop happiness (and lots of snuggles)!



We also welcomed our new niece, Clara Frances Ann, on March 23rd!  She is the sweetest JM miniature and we wish we could see her more!




April:

In April, I went to Milwaukee for my annual visit to see my best friends from Marquette (the same trip I just got back from on Monday) and we all headed to Omaha to meet Clara! We also celebrated our first Easter married with Murray and our good friend Mags! 



We also spent some time enjoying the Pens playoff season (and Stanley cup win)!

 





May:

We had a hilariously fun Seis de Mayo party at our apartment that I can’t wait to throw again this year! Murray also got to visit the dog park for the first time once he had all of his vaccinations! Murray and I also went on our first hike together.  Look how tiny he was!





June:

In June, I got to go to Chicago to visit one of my best friends, Becca, for a great weekend filled with tacos, margaritas, and donuts! The highlight, other than a full season of Laguna Beach, was going to Taco Bell Cantina!



Preston also came and visited us for a little weekend get away!  We spent a lot of time relaxing at the pool and eating delicious food!






July:

In July, Murray and I spent a lot of weekend mornings waking up Ryan like this!  We were also able to celebrate the 4th of July with two wonderful visitors—the Gio girls! 



My Marquette girls came to town and we made the weekend trip to Ocean City!  This was our second year doing the trip and the first with Kristina and the second it was over we were counting down until we get to do it again!



We also celebrated Ryan’s 28th birthday with over a pound of sprinkles and cake for breakfast!



At the end of the month, I was also able to visit Nebraska again because the girls’ went on vacation and I had the week off work!












August:

In August, the Isom/Hines/Session girls headed to Austin for Edel 2017!  It was an amazing few days filled with fun, laughs, tears, and great speakers.  We can’t wait to go again.  And we learned that a girls family weekend away needs to become a yearly thing!  I love those wonderful women!





September:

In September, my grandma and I hosted the first annual Isom Family Labor Day Picnic!  It was so much fun to get ALMOST everyone together for the first time since all the cousins started getting married!  We are already gearing up for next years!                                                   



I also PRed my 5K with my biggest cheerleader by my side and one of our favorite visitors returned for a week of fun! And finally, at the end of the month we celebrated a year in our apartment!






October:

Ryan and I celebrated our first anniversary on Tilghman Island!  We loved spending the weekend relaxing, drinking too much champagne, exploring the small town, and reflecting on our first year of marriage! It also really summed up the year that when we got back and had cake to celebrate, Murray managed to get into the fridge and eat a little off the top!



We also got to celebrate this practically naked beanie baby’s first Halloween!







November:

In November, I ran my first 10K and didn’t walk at all or DIE so that was a success.  We also went to a Pens Caps game and had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving in Nashville with Ryan’s family!





December:

December was filled with two exciting things other than the normal wonder and joy that is Christmas!  Our sweet niece, Elsie, was born and we were able to celebrate Christmas in Boston with almost the whole family to welcome sweet Elsie!  We also got to be there for baby Stephen’s second birthday which was a huge treat!



Comments

Popular Posts