Health and Exercise Update!

Currently typing this post while drinking a pumpkin beer and eating some Halloween candy so things are going great over here.  Okay, okay.  But, really.  Things are staying balanced over here.  I am still eating way too many chips…but I am not drinking nearly as much diet coke?  So—that’s a win!  Monday is a new little start for some goals I just made for myself thanks to YOU and everyone else that responded to my insta story this week asking for goal ideas. 

I wanted to revisit my goals because the last time I made them they were as vague as “lose weight” and actually run.  Both of those things have happened, but I kind of hate the scale because it super doesn’t sync up with my progress in NSV (non scale victories) and so I am over it.  I also have stuck to the running plan!  Which is such an accomplishment in itself.

I was watching Julie Taylor’s Instagram stories not that long ago when she was talking about how often it isn’t what were actually doing that is important, but that we are following through on what we said we were going to do----she said it so much more eloquently!  But, it deeply resonated with me.  I had no idea that when I hired my trainer, Kevin, that this would be a time I really stuck with it…because I have tried in the past and failed.  And then when I decided to start running again, I had no idea if I would stick with it, again because I have so easily quit before.  But, here I am!  Surprisingly actually doing (most) of the things I set out to do in March/April when I hired Kevin.

So, I am focusing so much on accomplishing my daily goals so that it is just assumed (in my self talk) that if it’s on the list of course it’s going to get done.  Because I’m a boss and I am getting shit done---obviously.  Anyways, I hope that made sense.  It made sense to me! 

So, other than getting rid of the scale (mostly) my goals are to: lower my BMI, work on my body control/balance so that I can do a headstand(!!!!), be able to do 5 real push-ups well---and have it not be ugly, run a 5K in 30 minutes or less, and follow my meal plan 80%.  That 80% will hopefully look like healthy eating throughout the day during the week with a halloween size treat or two at the end of day and then indulging on Saturday/Sunday—ish!  

Now that it is written down, it’s go time!  Wish me luck this week and I go one step further in bettering myself!


PS.  Check out my etsy shop under the tab “shop” on the blog!  Earrings are $8 with free shipping and they are the cutest—if I do say so myself!

Comments

  1. Liquid ionic minerals are the most valuable elements the human body needs in order to obtain and maintain optimal health. By adding liquid minerals to your diet, you can greatly enhance vitality and well-being. angstrom minerals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Waffle disease is certainly a disease we already know very little about. If you try to find more information about it on authority medical blogs you will find very little information. However you will definitely see a picture of it - and it is something we would never recommend. bluewafflesclinic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing.. top rated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Counselling Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got the superb information from these blogs finally.
    probiotic capsules amazon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. ultrasound technologist salary 2018

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire the useful facts you offer inside your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and also have my children verify up here often. I’m very sure they’ll learn a lot of new things right here than anybody else! HCL pills

    ReplyDelete
  8. RAD140, or Testolone, is a research compound being studied for the treatment of cancer and muscle wasting disorders. Read on to learn more about RAD140. RAD140

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Importance of physiotherapy in recovering from injury just cannot be over emphasized: the smallest injury reacts positively to physical therapy and even serious injury can heal safely and quickly without the need for any other medication of treatment. While physiotherapy may conjure up images of joint manipulation through twisting of the limbs by the therapist into impossible positions, this is just one of the methods of healing through physiotherapy. Importance of physiotherapy in healing comes from the number of techniques available. physio back pain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doctordatabases.com is a provider of contact list of doctors, physicians, surgeons and other medical professionals compiled in data format. list of doctors in usa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there, You’ve done a great job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this web site. thomson confinement food

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts