Happy Anniversary, Ryan!

Four years ago today, Ryan took me to Buca di Beppo for our second date.  I remember nervously sitting across from him at dinner wondering if he liked me as much as I liked him.  We went to dinner and laughed and talked about our families for what seemed like hours.  Then we made it to a birthday party for friends of his and in the elevator I will never forget him nervously asking me what he should introduce me as to his friends, and if he could call me his girlfriend.  My stomach was a mess!  That was the first of many Ryan surprises. 

In the past four years, we have been through countless adventures.  Some moments were so incredibly hard.  Our mothers were sick, our friends passed away, and we never thought things would turn around.  But, every sad and hard moment has one hundred joyful moments outshining it.  We have moved across the country, become stronger people, gotten engaged, brought out the absolute best in each other, and laughed until we couldn't stand it.  Ryan has taught me to stand up for myself, how to skip stones, that bread pudding is delicious, and that it's okay to relax.  He has made me more comfortable in my skin than I have ever been before.  And the best part of it all, is that the next anniversary we celebrate will be of our marriage.

This year is about to be the best one yet.  Happy Anniversary, Ryan Matthew! I love you!

Comments

Popular Posts