1. Ryan and I have been able to fit in quite a few fun DC activities this past week considering we have both been back to working full time. I am trying to take full advantage of his free time before his semester starts after MLK day! We walked around the National Mall on NYE day and made a mental list of the top places we really wanted to go back to explore. On Tuesday, we had dinner with one of my cousins in Georgetown because he had a residency interview that next morning on campus. Many people had told me I would love the Georgetown area and they were right! If only I could afford to shop in that neighborhood :) While killing time before the dinner, we stumbled upon Georgetown Cupcake! I have wanted to go, but also didn't know if the line wasn't necessarily worth it--apparently there are "better" cupcakes in the area. However, they were delicious and there was NO line! So that was awesome.
|I definitely need to go back to try more flavors!|
|Nothing beats quality cousin time--here's hoping his residency and wherever we live next year match up!|
3. When I started the draft for this post, I had big expectations that tonight would be my new recipe night for the week. However, I was feeling L A Z Y and we decided to go to Chipotle (thank you Christmas gift cards) before hitting up the grocery store (we are wild on Friday nights). So, I will finally be making the Chicken Teriyaki recipe (thank you Pinterest) on Sunday night!
4. Wedding Planning. I am ANXIOUSLY and impatiently awaiting the rest of our engagement photos which are supposed to be finished by Sunday. I seriously can't wait. I also was finally in touch with a florist today and we have finished our wedding registry!! Ryan and I were in Bed, Bath, and Beyond for three hours straight so I did the Macy's and other odds and ends from Amazon on my own online (and that's why it's only fiesta ware and kate spade stuff).
5. Ryan deserves a shout out today! First, he got a phone call from his boss today (who is also his professor) to tell him that he got the highest grade in the class on one of his hardest finals. Grades aren't due for a week and he has been so stressed--I am so proud of him! He also has been such a champ since I've gotten here about my happiness and doing anything to make the move easier. Yesterday, I had had a hard day at work and may or may not have cried about missing Milwaukee (for the record, I thought it would have happened sooner--and even though I miss the memories and the friends, I wouldn't trade it to be there without him again) and he stopped doing what he was doing and asked me exactly what I needed. That's how we ended up spending our evening at Dickey's BBQ and Target :) I am a lucky girl and I really appreciate how he always puts my needs and happiness first. I really try to be intentional each day in living to make his life easier, too, but neither of us are perfect and we don't always get it right. But, even more than normal, I have been feeling extra lucky lately!
|Ryan in his element--he would kill me if he saw this!|
7. Lastly, I am officially on the hunt for the right parish for me in DC. My friend that I had brunch with last week recommended a few, but also told me that a lot of them in the area don't have music which is an important part for me in finding the right fit...if you have any recommendations I would love to hear them! Hopefully, this Sunday I have luck!
I feel like I have hit a total lull in terms of blogging. I have lost my stride...but I am working my way back! Even though my readers are made up of all family members, I really enjoy the blogging experience and have no plans of stopping even if that means said family members have to read less entertaining posts every once in a while...I guess I need another woman empowerment toilet to fix!
Love and adventures!