Tuesday Thanks

It has been a while!  My last week has been so chaotic.  A lot of the chaos was in my head, but the past couple of days have been filled with prep for graduation and the beginning of prepping for the big move to DC (less than a month--that's crazy)!  I have been meeting with my advisor, purging my closet, applying for as many jobs as I can every day, and slowly working through the last few assignments I have to complete before graduation.  Rather than overwhelm myself (and you) with agonizing detail of the stress of all of it...I have my second to last thankfulness post to write!  It's crazy to me how fast November has flown by!

November 17th: My mom--seriously I don't know what I would do without her.  This past week, in particular, she has been amazing talking to me every day even when I was an emotional best.  She (and Emily) are really the only people I ever trust to give me sound advice and she has really been there for my, always, but even more so in my time of crazy need.  It was also so relieving to hear her tell me that I finally sounded back to my old self after everything that happened in DC.  I can't wait to see her next month!

November 18th: Emily--I am so thankful for Emily EVERYDAY but even more so last Wednesday.  Through all of the DC craziness, Emily has been one of the very few people that has known exactly what to say and has offered amazing support.  Her support and advice has really helped me find peace and let go a lot of the fear that I was holding on to.  Lately, I've been feeling much more like a little sister than a big sister :)

November 19th: Being able to sleep in--I feel ridiculous but the one plus of one of my nanny families moving away is that most morning I don't have to set an alarm...it is a gorgeous and wonderful temporary luxury that I am not taking for granted!  I am ready to be back working 40 hours a week soon but for the time being...I'm going to enjoy myself!

November 20th: the first snow--I love the first snow of the year.  It is the most peaceful and happy moment for me every winter.  This year, I was babysitting for a new family and wishing I was with Ryan watching a Christmas movie in front of our tree, but instead I watched a lot of hallmark Christmas movies while getting paid for it---so that was okay too! 

November 21st: Baby quilting--so when Emily told us that she was having a baby I immediately jumped into making my first ever baby quilt with Mrs. G (the mom of the family I lived with last year) and it was so much fun---it was a chaotic learning experience, but a fun one for sure!  So when Stephen and Preston called with the good news that there would be another baby joining the family, I anxiously awaited the gender call (I am desperately waiting to make a beautiful pink and floral baby quilt) and set out to shop for fabric with my quilting guru, Mrs. G!  We are working our way through it little by little and got some serious work done on it this weekend!  It needs to be finished by the move date so we are hustling but I can't wait to see baby Stephen laying on it when he gets here!  That was the very best part of giving JM his quilt!
Working on Baby Stephen's quilt and JM on his quilt
November 22nd: The G's---Speaking of Mrs. G...the G's are amazing family friends of the Session's (my future-in-law's) and welcomed me into their home last year when I needed to quit teaching to complete my (unpaid) internship.  I've known then the entire duration of Ryan and I's relationship and they have become like a second family to me.  They have three kids/adults (Mikey, Aubrey, and Hannah) who are all standing up in our wedding (and Ryan is Mikey's best man this July) and they have become like siblings!  I was and am so lucky to have them.  Especially, when they have me over for awesome dinners and give me amazing insight on anything I am struggling with at the time.  They deserve their very own post because everyone should get to know the amazingness that is the Giammarco family! (coming soon)
Aubrey, Hannah, and I two summers ago

November 23rd: Grad school--I have a love/hate relationship with grad school.  It is an amazing accomplishment that I am really proud of, but it is also keeping me away from Ryan!  I am really excited to have this finished and am really proud of myself but mostly I am ready to never again ever ever have homework :)  I am so close yet so far!

Phew! I now have that feeling after a long conversation with someone where you feel like you did all the talking...if you made it through that post kudos to you!  Hopefully the next post you read has me talking about being done with even more homework (and maybe a job interview lined up)! 

Happy Thanksgiving! Love and mashed potatoes--

Megan

Comments

Popular Posts