Adventures in Studying

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

So this week it has felt like all of grad school has crashed down at once. Ahh. I am in one last class and am getting three credits worth of research by helping my adviser and her colleague on grant work and implementing a program into a school.

I am loving my last class and feel really confident BUT this research is totally outside of my comfort zone. I am working independently with vague expectations and deadlines and it's such a challenge for me. I'm also doing work I've never done before. Like academic research that actually effects real life situations and lit reviews! Yuck.  And I have a steady 3.7ish cumm gpa and I don't want to jeopardize this.  (Sometimes I wonder what high school could have been like if I worked as hard as I did in undergrad and grad school...)

So I have been working on optimism, organization, and productivity. And so far so good. 

On Sunday, I put on my new power suit (and halloween costume).
And made the most detailed to do list of all time (it has since been added to and rewritten).
I also had a great family meal with the family I lived with last year! That helps a lot.
On top of the school work, I'm taking my licensing exam on Tuesday next week (ahh!) and I am starting the DC job hunt.

Super casual. Nothing life changing or anything.

I'm going to go try not to pull my hair out now!
Happy Wednesday!

Megan 

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, good luck with everything! Also... I couldn't help up laugh when I saw your title and your halloween costume pop up on my feedly. Love the costume! Looks a lot like JM's :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs