2017 Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving friends! I am spending the majority of the week in Nashville with Ryan and his family celebrating my first Thanksgiving with the Session’s! As always, it has been a blast and I can’t wait for the rest of the week. The only thing we miss, other than my family, is Murray! Sadly, neither of our parents live close enough to us that we would be able to drive with Murray to see them. And as much as I am glad that I don’t have to worry about him destroying my mother-in-law‘s house, Ryan and I are really missing his cuddles.
I just wanted to take a second on this holiday to pop in and talk about what I am thankful for this year. A lot of stuff has happened in 2017 and I am very grateful that most of it was all wonderful. So, without further ado here are the things I am most thankful for!

I am so thankful to have a wonderful relationship with my sister-in-law. The best part of siblings getting married is bonus siblings. And this year I got to have a little weekend trip with just my sister-in-law and it was the best. She is so funny and I have no idea what I would do without her!

I am thankful for Milwaukee. With the wedding over, we don’t have as many excuses to get ourselves there, but we love the city and the people in it so much. Luckily, I get to be there in January to see my best friends! And, of course, to eat all the food.

I am so thankful for a job that I love. Being a nanny creates so many elements of job satisfaction and I am so lucky that I get along so well with the parents, that I love the girls more than life itself, and that the family and Ryan and I have similar values so I don’t feel conflicted during my time with the girls.   I am so grateful for another year with them.

I am extremely thankful for my in-laws. I know a lot of people who are not as blessed in this category and I feel so lucky that I truly have in-laws that love me, support me, and really care about Ryan and I. If only we lived closer! 

I am forever thankful for my parents and my siblings. Holidays without them are really hard but the great part of every holiday season is that Ryan and I spend one holiday with his family and one with mine. I don’t know what I would do without the support from both my parents, my sister, and my brother! We have a family group text and there are a lot of days where I’m not quite sure what I would do without that! And on top of that, I’m not quite sure what I would do without being able to call my mom and embarrassing number of times a day.

I am embarrassingly grateful for Diet Coke and Starbucks refreshers. This year, like many years before it, they have been my lifeline.

I am thankful and exhausted for Murray! The puppy life is a hard one but it is a fun one! Ryan and I are so happy to have mary. even when he chews the carpet but especially when he lays in bed with us and snuggles.

This year came with a few other new additions. I am extremely grateful for the friends that I have made this year in Alexandria and especially in our apartment building! It has transformed my life in a way that I didn’t know was lacking. I am so much happier now that I have a support system that so close. And although it makes me miss my Milwaukee friends and my family even more, it has been such a blessing to make these wonderful friends this year.


Last, but not least, I am thankful for Ryan! With one year of marriage under our belts, we are so thankful for the wonderful life that we are able to live and for how much love we share in our marriage. This year has not been all sunshine and butterflies with a bunch of new transitions but it has been pretty fantastic. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us in 2018.

Comments

Popular Posts