12 Months of Goals

Hey guys!  Definitely already failed on my weekly Thursday posts...but this past weekend my parents came in town to celebrate my birthday and we were a little busy!  It was so much fun hosting them and finally getting to spend my birthday with them for the first time in 10 years.




Anyways, I wanted to finally put my 2017 goals aka resolutions into words especially since they're still going strong on Februaury 1st  (that's definitely a record for me).  This year, I wanted to set one large attainable goal.  In years past, I have set a bunch of small goals and by this time in February they were typically forgotten about.  And for 2016, I wanted to do things like become much more consistent in going to mass every Sunday, journal more, read a lot, and work out steadily.  Slowly over the course of 2016, all of those items fell into place(ish). 

So, I started January feeling incredibly enthusiastic about...running 12 5Ks in 2017!  I decided that I would run a 5K a month based on some facebook friend inspiration that had done the same in 2016.  I had run/walked two 5Ks this past year with my friend Becky, so I knew I was capable.  I figured this was an attainable goal and that if I had to pay to sign up, I wouldn't back out!  I started off strong in January and ran the entire thing, which for me, was a big accomplishment in itself.  My next 5K is on February 12th and I am getting ready to hopefully improve my time from January.  To stay motivated, I signed up for a February, March, and April race immediately after my January race.  So, here we go!  Bring it on 2017! 


The best part of all, is look at my biggest cheerleader behind me!  I am the luckiest.  My favorite picture is by far the man in front of me crossing the finish line and Ryan cheering me on as I came around the final corner!

Happy Friday, everybody!

MS

Comments

Popular Posts