12 Months of Goals

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Hey guys!  Definitely already failed on my weekly Thursday posts...but this past weekend my parents came in town to celebrate my birthday and we were a little busy!  It was so much fun hosting them and finally getting to spend my birthday with them for the first time in 10 years.




Anyways, I wanted to finally put my 2017 goals aka resolutions into words especially since they're still going strong on Februaury 1st  (that's definitely a record for me).  This year, I wanted to set one large attainable goal.  In years past, I have set a bunch of small goals and by this time in February they were typically forgotten about.  And for 2016, I wanted to do things like become much more consistent in going to mass every Sunday, journal more, read a lot, and work out steadily.  Slowly over the course of 2016, all of those items fell into place(ish). 

So, I started January feeling incredibly enthusiastic about...running 12 5Ks in 2017!  I decided that I would run a 5K a month based on some facebook friend inspiration that had done the same in 2016.  I had run/walked two 5Ks this past year with my friend Becky, so I knew I was capable.  I figured this was an attainable goal and that if I had to pay to sign up, I wouldn't back out!  I started off strong in January and ran the entire thing, which for me, was a big accomplishment in itself.  My next 5K is on February 12th and I am getting ready to hopefully improve my time from January.  To stay motivated, I signed up for a February, March, and April race immediately after my January race.  So, here we go!  Bring it on 2017! 


The best part of all, is look at my biggest cheerleader behind me!  I am the luckiest.  My favorite picture is by far the man in front of me crossing the finish line and Ryan cheering me on as I came around the final corner!

Happy Friday, everybody!

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs