A Grateful Heart

With Ryan currently in an Ambien induced coma...aka popped a sleeping pill at 7:30pm, I thought I would turn to the blog to talk about something that has been on my mind a lot lately.  Without sounding overly cheesy (that never happens), I really just need to take a minute to talk about how incredibly happy and lucky I am. Here's a photo of my incredibly handsome husband to prove my point.
There have been so many moments in the past few months where I look around and realize just how great Ryan and I's life is.  I am married to the absolute love of my life.  Most importantly, I am married to  my best friend.  This weekend was a 3-day wonder (with still Sunday to go) that just reiterated to me how blessed I am and how grateful I should always be.  Laughing in the aisles of 7-11, eating queso for lunch, cracking up watching Sing, dancing in the living room.  That was just today.  And it was one of the best days.  I look back on when we started dating, and how my heart was so full of worry that I would get hurt or this was just too good to be true.  Before Ryan, I didn't know that this constant feeling of love, appreciation, and happiness was really feasible. When I saw him at the finish line after my 5K last weekend, boom butterflies.  (He was the only person there cheering, for the record).  When I watch him play with the girls I nanny, butterflies.  When he can't help but tell everyone that we just got married, butterflies.  And to keep things honest, when he leaves all of his clothes on the bedroom floor (when the hamper is right there), slightly less butterflies.

On pretty much a daily basis, I just look at Ryan and remind him that "this is the best day".  Every day with him is better than the last.  And I love him so much I had to share it with the internet world. too.

MS

Comments

Popular Posts