Old Town Alexandria Favorites

One of my favorite things about Ryan and I’s life right now is where we live.  We are currently right outside of Old Town Alexandria and it is my dream come true neighborhood.  Since the first time I visited Ryan two (two? already?) years ago and he took me to old town, I knew that was where I wanted to live [forever].  So when we moved to our apartment a year ago, I was such a happy girl!  


And in the past 365ish days, I’ve only gotten happier!

So, I knew that I wanted to post my top favorite places in old town to celebrate Ryan and I’s first full year living here.

Shop Penny Post is my newest favorite spot.  The paper products are hilarious and super cute (just like me—I kid) and I could spend all the moneys there.  They should really just take it now!  If you live in the area, you have to check it out! 

My OG favorite spot is The Old Town Shop.  I discovered it a few months ago and it has become my go to for gifts and cute décor in our apartment.  I highly recommend it for both tourists and old town residents!  I know it’ll be where R and I get a lot of Christmas gifts for our loved ones!

Pops is my absolute favorite ice cream spot on King Street.  First off, I just love how many ice cream places there are to choose from AND how hard it was to choose a favorite.  Not only do I love the vibe and décor, but I am also planning on celebrating my 29th birthday party there!

The Christmas Attic is also a favorite.  In my opinion, the best part about old town is the charm of the row houses and the Christmas Attic is where I bought my favorite ornament—a little row of rowhouses decorated for Christmas!  It is also the perfect place to shop when you wish it could be Christmas all year round like myself! 

The Lucky Knot is the last of my favorite places to shop in old town (although there are so many great stores) because it makes all of my preppy high school dreams come true!

Chadwick’s is my favorite place for food, a view, and a beer!  Murray seems to like it, too!  The atmosphere is my absolute favorite.  Especially because it has incredibly different feels depending on the part of the restaurant you’re sitting in! And any bar that I can order onion straws at at midnight is a winner for me!



Check out all of my favorite spots and let me know if you think I missed any crucial ones!

Comments

Popular Posts