7 quick takes: big events edition

Linking up with Kelly today to talk about all the big things that have been going on lately! 

1. Ryan and I got MARRIED!  There is a longer post to follow, but it was the most magical day.  And the entire weekend was perfect from start to finish.  The rehearsal was hectic (as I imagine they always are) but the rehearsal dinner was delicious and the venue was gorgeous.  My sister also made me the most amazing bow bouquet!  (If you are in need of a MOH extraordinaire, she's your girl)!


2. The wedding day was gorgeous!  It was everything I dreamed about and more.  It was so much fun to spend the day celebrating with all of our favorite people.  One of my very favorite parts was watching (and dancing with) both of our families dancing together.  I love that the people I love...love the people I love (can you tell I was an English major?)!




3.  The honeymoon was absolutely breathtaking.  We stayed at the absolute most gorgeous resort on Maui and had the best time.  I was glad that we did a nice balance of relaxing activities and exploring, but if we get to go back two weeks would definitely be necessary to do it all :)









4.  My little sister is having a ...GIRL!  Ryan and I are so excited, but our bank account is not!  We can't wait to spoil that little princess.

5. RYAN PASSED THE BAR EXAM! We found out the Tuesday after the honeymoon and it was so incredibly exciting.  I already knew he was going to pass, but he wasn't nearly as confident so I know he was able to breathe a huge sigh of relief when he found out.  We went out that night to celebrate and I just can't even explain how proud of him I am.  He is such an incredibly hard worker and absolutely the smartest (and most humble) man I know.

6. We had our first DC visitor (other than when Ashley and I stayed the night before our OCMD trip)!  My friend Becca came to see us last weekend and we had so much fun.  We went out in Old Town, saw the monuments, laughed our butts off, got blowouts, had way too many mimosas at bottomless mimosa brunch, and had some great meals! Love that girl so much!



7. And in upcoming important events...first ever married family holiday is next week!  We are spending Thanksgiving with my family this year and I am so excited (and trying not to think about the fact that this means I will be spending Christmas without them...)!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts