Fall Favorites

Even though it doesn't quite feel like fall in DC (note even a little bit) my closet is starting to slowly transition and I am (im)patiently waiting to start wearing some new fall favorite pieces I have picked up over the past month or so.  My favorite two seasons to dress for are definitely fall and summer and it is absolutely because my fashion sense for those two seasons has stayed remotely the same for the past five or so years.  I like skinny comfy jeans, a loose pretty top, and something with a little bit of a flare.  (and in the summer, dresses...all of the dresses...my wallet is still upset over the lilly pulitzer after party sale).

My old faithful, Loft, always always has the perfect fall items for me!  Especially when I am looking for pieces that are good staples, but also have a little pizzazz.  And I have found that when a certain trend doesn't fit right one year, they find a way the next year to make it work (they must be doing it because of me).  My romper this summer was a perfect example and apparently this fall, it's the peplum! 

I picked up this gorgeous peplum top on sale today and I am obsessed.  I have never found a structured peplum top that worked for me and I am so glad I tried it on.

I also am loving their different takes on peplum and have picked these two (one and two) beauties up as well for the fall. 

On Ryan and I's drive back from Richmond over Labor Day, we stopped at the outlets to get him some swimsuits for the honeymoon and I couldn't help myself and popped in to the jcrew outlet.  That labor day 50% off gets me every time.  And since I used to go with my girlfriends, I was feeling friend/homesick and took that as an excuse to buy something.  I also didn't buy another vest so I took that as a win when it comes to self control (HA).  I got this flannel that I love (the colors are gorgeous) and this popover!  Popovers aren't typically my style but I can see myself wearing this a lot. 

I definitely feel like I have the best of both worlds as I currently hope and pray for fall weather.  I can't wait to wear my fall clothes, but like I mentioned above, I got a couple of really great items from the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale that I haven't had a chance to wear...what perfect timing for a Hawaii honeymoon right at the end of October :)

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Megan

Comments

Popular Posts