BITS OF C H E E R: Week 1


Today I am linking up with Jessica, Amy, and Alisha for Bits of Cheer!  I have been following Jessica's blog for a while now (she totally inspired my new lipstick kick) and just started to check out Amy and Alisha's blogs this past week!  I am so excited for this link up because I love everything about the month of December!

Through the hubbub of packing, cleaning, and organizing yesterday, I finally got to put up my Christmas tree!  It is it's 4th year and even though it's starting to look a little more bare, I love it all the same.  My favorite part is laying out all the wrapped presents for friends and family underneath it when I'm done (especially because my presents have usually already been wrapped for quite a while)! 

This year I upped my decoration game up to include stuff for the kitchen and the bathroom because my parents and future in-laws will be visiting (along with my grandma) and I want everything to look perfect.  I also couldn't pass up this Santa tray and matching glasses because I am hosting a Marquette pre-game before the basketball game this Saturday.

Christmas time is my very favorite because it is filled with SO many wonderful traditions with my wonderful family and is starting to fill with special memories with Ryan, too.  The Isom's have a LOT of Christmas traditions and I am implementing a few new ones with Ryan--like a Christmas date and stocking exchange!  This year I splurged for matching stockings (of course last year Ryan had to one up me in the stocking game with getting me a monogrammed one---such a thoughtful way to make me look bad in the exchange :)) so this year I bought a matching one for him. 

The Isom traditions are many and so special.  As we get closer to Christmas, and closer to when we will be together, I plan on blogging all about them.   But, for now I don't want to get too homesick!

I always take Ryan on a Christmas date when his finals are over, but since this year we will be apart my lovely friends have volunteered to be my dates so we are going on Sunday!  This lovely photo is from one of them!  He's such a trooper.

This year, I am also especially excited because we are taking our engagement photos five days before Christmas!  We are dressing extra Christmas-y and taking some of the pictures in front of huge pine trees so I am VERY excited! 

Have a wonderful Tuesday (and please look past the horrible photo quality)!

Love and Christmas M&M's,

Megan

P.S. I still have no idea why my photos won't stay centered?

Comments

  1. Thanks for linking up! I'm so excited to follow along!

    We are practically neighbors. :) I'm in WI, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your family is adorable!! And I love finding another WI blog to follow!

      Delete
  2. Loving your Christmas decor so far this year. Your engagement photos are going to be amazing!! Just a few days before Christmas, how magical? Love the plaid that you have picked out! I can't wait to see how they turn out! Thank you for following along, I have loved reading about you too, and can't wait to learn more! Thanks for linking up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alisha! Thank you so much! I am so excited for your guys' link up (and my pictures)!! Your family is adorable!

      Delete
  3. Your decorations look great!! Graduation weekend will be magical!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I can't wait for one day that we can enjoy each other's decorations!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts