A Weekend in Ocean City

A few months ago, one of my best friends, Ashley, reached out to me about coming to visit and then taking the short road trip to Ocean City, MD.  I couldn't say no to my first visitor after moving to DC and I definitely couldn't say no to a trip to the ocean.

She flew in last Friday and we went to dinner in Old Town for pizza (her favorite) and spent the rest of the night talking about how we should have already gone to bed for the early drive in the morning.  We woke up a little before 5 and hit the road to avoid traffic and to be one of the first few people on the beach.  A lot of people in DC recommended different beaches when I told them where we were planning to go but we really loved it.  It had a perfect beach boardwalk and even though our motel was less than ideal, the beach was exactly what we needed. 

We ate and drank some of the best food and I was amazed by the prices.  Apparently after living in DC for 6 months, everything else seems like a dream!  It was so hard to leave the beach but so nice to go!  And it is amazing to live so close to a beach after growing up in the Midwest.  I will definitely be back (especially for the donuts, avocado tacos, and ruby red crushes).  Ashley could come back, too!  That would be great :)













Comments

Popular Posts